Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 2.5: Eliminate songs that use their titles AS first lines
Step 3: Star the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game, post your own.
Step 6: After a week, any songs left, I will add the next line.
Honestly, I don't know half the songs in this list, but since I just rip whatever CD I have sitting in front of me, here's a peek into the randomness that is me:
Beautiful girl, lovely dress, high school smiles, oh yes- "Gone Daddy Gone," Gnarls Barkley In a world we call our home, there's lots of room to roam- "Rhythym Section Want Ad," They Might Be Giants Bottle of white, bottle of red, perhaps a bottle of rose instead- "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant," Billy Joel Watch them run, watch them fall, watch them try to catch a ball- "Special Olympics," Stephen Lynch
- The traveller is always leaving town, he never has the time to turn around
- In the quiet silence that comes out I turned off the lightswitch
This is where the party ends I can't stand here listening to you- "Your Racist Friend," They Might Be Giants
- Will you pass on over, will you all pass over, will you pass on over and join the lord
Something grabbed ahold of my hand, I didn't know what had my hand- "Fingertips," They Might Be Giants
- What did you do America, they're after you America
- You're the love of my life, but it cuts like a knife, and I feel like I'm being mislead
- I've travelled many a mile and haven't found a home
- My eyes with your vision, my choice is always your decision
- Everybody's got a million questions, everybody wants to know the score
Frosty the supervisor lives by himself- "Hearing Aid," They Might Be Giants Oh I come from a land from a faraway place, where the caravan camels roam- "Arabian Nights," from the "Aladdin" soundtrack
- Everything you say is lost out in the cold, a distant memory of the times I've been alone
At first I was afraid, I was petrified- "I Will Survive," Gloria Gaynor (from the "Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" soundtrack)
- If I had a hammer I'd build a house for two, and if I had a sailing ship I'd take a trip with you
- As soon as I have saved a little nest egg I hope to ask you, dear, will you be mine
- When I think of those east end lights, muggy nights and curtains drawn in the little room downstairs
- I've got twelve nominations, a half dozen oscars, nine cars and three ex-wives to show
- You've got the cool water when the fever runs high
- While in these days of quiet desperation, as I wander through the world in which I live
- I never cared much for moonlit skies, I never wink back at fireflies
Who's that waddling down the street, it's just me 'cause I love to eat- "Grapefruit Diet," Weird Al Yankovic I'm dreaming tonight of a place I love even more than I usually do- "I'll Be Home For Christmas," Johnny Mathis