mroctober pointed me to this AfterElton.com poll of The Best Gay Books Ever, so feel free to stop in and vote for your top 5. Mine were:
- Borrowed Time, by Paul Monette - a truly haunting book that's stuck with me for many years.
- Tales of the City, by Armistead Maupin - I always put off reading these as "just some other fluffy gay novels," but when friends pressed me I'm glad I did - I read all the novels voraciously and loved them all.
- I've A Feeling We're Not In Kansas Anymore, by Ethan Mordden - this just made me laugh out loud a lot.
- Closet Case, by Robert Rodi - another one with a lot of funny visual images. I think I've read all four in this gay series from him.
- The Catch Trap, by Marion Zimmer Bradley - another book I didn't think I'd like, but I found the characters engaging and memorable.
What are your top 5?