1. Pick 15 movies you know/like/love. 2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie. 3. Post them here for everyone to guess. 4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie. 5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
1. "From now on we are enemies, You and I. Because You choose for Your instrument a boastful, lustful, smutty, infantile boy and give me for reward only the ability to recognize the incarnation. Because You are unjust, unfair, unkind, I will block You, I swear it. I will hinder and harm Your creature on earth as far as I am able."
2. "God damn it, that's not all! Because if one of those things gets down here then that will be all! Then all this - this bullshit that you think is so important, you can just kiss all that goodbye!"sistercoyote knows her Aliens, and Ripley is by far one of my favorite movie heroes.
3. "He sang the strangest songs to me, by bands I had never heard of: Boston, Kansas, America, Europe, Asia. Travel exhausts me." Although sftyson thought it was stupid, I found Hedwing And The Angry Inch a brilliant film, so nyeh. :P
4. "I am upset, I am uptight, I am up to my nipples in Southern Comfort, and you're trying to take advantage of me. Fine!"sluaghpuddle is also a fan of Torch Song Trilogy.
5. "Too bad, she said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak."harlkyn evidently votes for Pedro, because he knew this came from Napoleon Dynamite.
6. "Most men, they'll tell you a story straight through. It won't be complicated, but it won't be interesting either."
7. "I haven't faced death. I've cheated death. I've tricked my way out of death and patted myself on the back for my ingenuity. I know nothing." It would have been too obvious to post, "Khaaaaan!", but sistercoyote knew this was from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
8. "I'm sorry I bit you... and pulled your hair... and punched you in the face..."
9. "We don't have anything in common, me and him, except maybe our last name."
10. "Pirates! You mean like walking the plank? Buried treasure? Hack, slash, off with his head, and the Jolly Richard, and everything?"thespian pegged The Pirate Movie correctly, and this bit from one of my favorite exchanges in the movie. (That, and I had a HUGE crush on Christopher Atkins at the time.)
11. "That was then, this is now, and nobody knows what tomorrow will be. That's the way things are, whether we like it or not."its_just_me knew this was from Murder By Death, another great "all star cast" film.
12. "And in addition to the darkness there was also me. And I moved upon the face of the darkness. And I saw that I was alone. Let there be light."jbriggs, like me, appreciates bad science fiction like Dark Star from a very young George Lucas John Carpenter (duh). (Hell, I liked Millennium, so I'm not one for good movies.)
13. "OK, now I'm going back to graduate school. That was the agreement."jbriggs correctly identified this quote from The Bowler in Mystery Men.
14. "Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life." Hooray for The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension! "It's not my goddamned planet, sistercoyote!" :D
15. "When all around is strife and uncertainty, there's nothing like an old fashioned plate of, uh... curtain!"sistercoyote pegged Noises Off correctly, one of my favorite underrated "all star cast" movies.