Busy day yesterday:
* Work - busy, but productive.
* On the way home I talked to Rob about the Gaylactic Network fan suite at Worldcon, and he gave me some info. Unfortunately, since I'm not going, I need to coordinate with who is going from my Gaylaxicon team to host the party in the suite Saturday night. So far it looks like John D., Jim & Sandra, and Darrel & Kris are going, so out of them I should be able to work a party. I need to connect with Rob today to find out what, exactly, the Network is providing and what we have to provide.
* Stopped at Adam's after work to go over Conjecture hotel stuff. We have a meeting Sunday and I'm ready to start working on BEO's.
* Went to the LYC meeting. Greg didn't make it and Joe was sick (Tom subbed for him), but Toan came and decided to join the Executive Committee and wants to do some outreach work. Got through a lot of stuff, although the ugly topics of both "let's change our name to something less sexually suggestive/humorous/embarassing" and "let's let women join, too" reared their heads.
* Stopped by Q's on the way home to check in on him (he was doing fine, although still sore - how he got through work I'll never know), and we had some quality time (which evidently involves him torturing me about doing a blood draw on me, the sadistic little bastard!). I also found out something about him indirectly, but he won't actually say it until I've "earned" it (which may, unfortunately, involve that blood draw). Let's just say it's news that I already knew, but makes me happy to have confirmed anyway. :)
Hopefully today Yudi will finally get the keys to his new house. He signed the settlement papers on Monday but this whole buying/escrow thing is taking the poor dear forever to finish and I know it's driving him crazy (plus me laughing every time there's a delay doesn't help!). Tonight we're taking Howie out to Rich's at some point.
Tomorrow we're skipping Disneyland and going shopping instead - I got a bit of a bonus from a recent settlement between the clerical worker's union and the University, so I have some change to throw around and have an idea for my room (and a way to get some stuff out of the garage, other than foisting the LYC stuff off on Peter & Yudi, which I plan to continue to do as much as I can). So it's Ikea for some shelves and possibly more, then North County Fair for shorts, pants, a white shirt and my big underwear change! :) That'll still leave me time to hit coffee and dinner with the boys.
Sunday is the Conjecture meeting at the hotel where I start working with folks on BEO's, then the pot luck at Toan's, and then the Gaylaxicon meeting at David's to finalize things for Worldcon (plus we're 7.5 months out!).
On a completely random note, I was reading a thread on the SDMB today about the movie Titanic, and it kind of rekindled the latent Titanic-phile in me. I'll have to go hunting for some of my old websites again to refresh my memory on some of the details. At some point I'll have to start a list of things I'm into - Sleepy, Star Trek, Disney, cows (in the SCA), etc. It'll help everyone get me stuff for my birthday (which is coming up soon - aaaah!).