Put the Christmas tree up last night, although it's a tad bare for the moment. Also put the Christmas decoration stuff away, which cleared up the space for us to finally put our new dining room table actually in the dining room. Q is already looking at corner units to finish off the area, plus a bar for the opposite wall. We expect to have just about every piece of furniture we need by the end of January - only took us a year. :D
I need new Christmas music. Last week I ripped all my CDs at work so I could listen to them, and I'm already tired of them. I've got:
- John Denver & The Muppets, A Christmas Together
- Mannheim Steamroller, Christmas, A Fresh Aire Christmas</i> and Christmas Extraordinaire
- The Boston Camerata, A Renaissance Christmas
- Rosie O'Donnell, Another Rosie Christmas
- Bob Rivers, Twisted Christmas and I Am Santa Claus
- Johnny Mathis, Merry Christmas (my family's traditional "get ready for Christmas" album)
- Russ Peterson, My Christmas Dream (originally got free with a Christmas candle)
- David Huntsinger, Winterlude and Piano Winterlude
- The Roches, We Three Kings (one of my all time favorites)
- Harry Connick, Jr., When My Heart Finds Christmas
I have a couple of albums still on cassette, like Jon Anderson's 3 Ships and Barbra's A Christmas Album, but I bought some hardware to convert them to digital (specifically for 3 Ships since the album is out of print and was never released on CD).
Q and I were out shopping and I saw at least three albums I wanted to pick up - Enya, Jim Brickman and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra ones, plus I think John Legend put out a Christmas album, too. They'll have to go on my wish list.
We've already decided we're doing Christmas after the new year, not only with our friends but for ourselves, too. We'll have just enough money with my first full paycheck to get stuff for my mother, sisters and the kids, but that's about it. I get another paycheck right after Christmas, so that'll put us on track to celebrate better (and to hit the sales!).