Well, our offer was declined. Seems the seller thinks the market's going to get better. Methinks he doesn't know about that bird in his hand, but whatever. T'wasn't meant to be, and we're not stressing over it. After all, you can't expect to get a hole in one your first time at bat, right? :)
Anywho, haven't updated boring life stuff in a while, so here's some highlights:
- Finally got to hang out with urban_bohemian in DC. We headed into Dupont last Wednesday after getting his comics so he could get some stuff at the HRC store, and we insisted Brian come and meet us (and Matthew, who came with us, and Edward, who also met us) for dinner. T'was grand, and next time I'm going to insist on seeing his place (and all his kitchen gadget goodness).
- Quincy and I finally opened our presents to each other last Thursday. He got me Lilo & Stitch 2, a season of Farscape, and an animated Hermey the Dentist Elf. Glee! I got him 2 HRC necklaces and a watch, a jewelry armoire, Fantastic Four, Monster In Law, and a Starbucks gift card.
- We did something Friday, 'cause he got off work at noon, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Oh well.
- New Year's Eve was fun. We went with Steve, Silvia, and some of Q's co-workers to a nice restaurant on the point, and although I found it to be a tad overpriced (plus the live band SUCKED), it was enjoyable. We went to the early seating, so afterwards we went over to one of their houses, and they all proceeded to get drunk. Whee. Q's so happy he's married a designated driver. Hee!
- Sunday was spent recouperating, and Monday was up to his Uncle's to put in the offer and go shopping at Ikea.
- I'm currently sick - sore throat, stuffy, etc. Hopefully it won't get any worse than this, but we'll see.
- Still jobless, but now that the holidays are over I'm going to press the one place to give me my job at last, the others to interview me, and if all else fails, I'll be working somewhere by the end of the month. Scout's honor.
OK, now back to playing Serious Sam II. Yay cheats! :P