Esprix (esprix) wrote,

  • Mood:

A long week so far

It's been a hella busy week at work, plus recouperating from the weekend and being sick Monday makes me really glad tomorrow is Friday.

Tuesday night I went to probably my last LYC-EC meeting to tie up loose ends (I couldn't make any of the first 3 meetings so far this year). I have a few things I need to do, mostly just making sure they have my notes and stuff, but it looks like the new board is doing just fine without me (THANK GOD!).

Yesterday Quincy called again - yay! Have a few new updates:

  • I had the name of his base wrong - it's Al Kasik (s, not f), and suddenly I'm finding out more information about it online. Duh. He told me not to go looking for info, so I'm not sure if that means things have happened there, are happening there, or will happen there. Ugh. (For those of you I haven't gotten his address to, I will shortly now that I know what it actually is.)
  • Speaking of things happening, he said he may be out of touch for a month or so starting sometime in May. Not happy. :(
  • In brighter news they installed their shower and got their water back, so he's cleaner than he was.
  • He was also telling me about this project he got involved in, painting a map of the US on a tabletop for one of his commanders. He said it turned out better than he thought it would, so I'm curious to see pictures when he gets back.
  • Staying at an Army base has actually made him "homesick" for what he calls "Navy bullshit," since he says Army bullshit is far, far worse. AFter all the bitching he's done about it in the past, I find this highly amusing.
  • He also said they're starting to make mail runs more often, like every 2 weeks instead of every 6, so I'm going to make sure I get the boxes I have for him out this weekend.
  • He can't spend a lot of time online, but he seems to have just enough time to read my LJ entries. :P
  • All in all he's doing ok. He's enjoying what he's doing, the base is ok, and he's relatively safe. He did say that although it's only been about 3 weeks that he's been there it feels like 3 months, so I think even though he's only got about 4 months left it's going to be a loooooong 4 months for him. Argh. That makes me a sad panda. Still, at least I get to hear from him from time to time, which is more than most military families get, so yay!

Last night was gaming, and although some of us were a little crankier than usual, it was still fun.

Today I had much work to do before cutting out early to go see a lawyer about getting all my legal paperwork together to make sure Quincy is in control of my life (which he is anyway, but it's not all legal-like), such as will, power of attorney, healthcare proxy, etc. I brought along the paperwork Q filled out for the Navy and she took great interest in reading it over and seeing how they did things. She's a very nice queer-friendly lawyer who I'd be happy to recommend if anyone is in need. I go back in a few weeks to sign everything.

When I got home I was able to both work and play - I washed my car, cleaned the inside, made something to eat, sat down, and did my taxes while playing CoH, as I mentioned earlier. Worked out quite well, although I'm only 2 bubbles towards level 19. Even managed to e-file my taxes for free by following the right links from the IRS website, so a minor score for me.

That's it. No big plans for the weekend. I really need to drop my car off to get a few things looked at on Saturday, so maybe I'll do a little bike riding. Otherwise it's just tea with the boys Saturday, and Yudi's birthday party on Sunday.

And at some point in the near future I'm going to have a candle and skin care party, so stay tuned! :D

Now, to bed.

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded