Saw this meme going around and it amused me... for a time:
- My journal is called "My Gorgeous Life" because I named it after Dame Edna's autobiography of the same title. Truly that woman has lead a most extraordinary life (but I'll tell you about that later, possums!) and I aspire to be like her.
- My subtitle is "If you could only read what I don't want you to see" because the bits I don't make public or well-known are, of course, the juiciest ones, and those are the ones you really want to read. Oh yes - you know you do. ;)
- My friends page is called "The fools! The fools! The mad, impetuous fools!" because that's exactly what the lot of you are. :P
- My username is Esprix because it's the one I use the most online (e-mail, SDMB, etc.). Originally many years ago I was tired of my AOL screen names, many of which were tied to my locale or age, so I decided to come up with one that was uniquely me and could be used anywhere online for any reason (and wasn't already taken by 5,000 other people). I looked in thesauruses and dictionaries until I found "esprit" meaning "a clever, vivacious wit," which I took to instantly. I toyed around with Max Esprit (as in "maximum") and eventually condensed it to Esprix (which I've since found out means other things as well).
- My default userpic is GIR because I love the show Invader Zim and GIR cracks me up to no end - he's lovable, quirky, and mostly stupid. "I love this show!"