Esprix (esprix) wrote,

Condor weekend

Friday was another fun-filled day at work. Sarah has decided to treat us to breakfast for the next few Fridays as a goodwill gesture for us being such troopers about the move. We had an Umbrella Group lunch where we had a couple of new people, and that was fun. Debbi needs to step down as Chair and asked me to take over, but I said I wouldn't make any commitments until after G'con. Sarah also told us all to go home at 3, which means that I didn't get to leave until 3:30 - AMB needed help getting materials together for the internship breakfast on Monday morning, but it's all good 'cause I still got home early. Feeling domestic (and not wanting to get any worse at my packrat of a bedroom), I started staining the shelving unit I'd bought from Ikea months ago, and got quite a bit done. Tom was thinking about coming down for gaming but didn't, but since we were in the mood to game we did anyway - while Myke and John were off at dinner Daniel and I played the two player version of Transamerica, then a round of Halo, then when they got back we played 2 rounds of Carcassonne with Myke, and after Daniel went to bed Myke and I played the two player version of Transamerica. Whew! We also got a call from Sandra that the hotel had screwed up and put their Diamond Club members across the hall from the party rooms, so they were working on a solution and would know more tomorrow. At some point during the evening Quincy was going to call when he was done work and come over, but my phone mysteriously turned itself off so I missed his call. By the time I called him back he was already home and settled in bed, so he stayed there. :(

On Saturday I got up at 9:00 just in time for Quincy to come over. We packed up the car and headed to Condor, getting there around 11:30 (which is pretty good for me since I said I wanted to get there around 9:30 - hee hee!) We set up the fan table next to Nancy Hay and her massage chair, and Sandra filled us in. Seems the hotel did screw up, but was giving all four parties (G'con, Conjecture, Westercon '06 and the Arizona cons) one big room to have a party in on Saturday night. We weren't crazy about it, but didn't have much choice (and the good news is they gave us half off our rooms for Saturday night, and may actually give them to us for free). We grabbed lunch at Koo Koo Roo, which I'd never been to and was pretty good. For some reason our order was really late, so they gave us extra sides. When we got back Quincy went back to the room and took a nap, while I took a quick run-through of the dealers room and art show. I also ran into Indigo, the gamer guy that was giving John a headache, and he was pretty cool. I hope he can make it to G'con and do some GMing for us. Around dinnertime I went back to the room, woke Quincy up (rowr!), and we went to Ralph's for food for the party with David, who had shown up with his patented "get you out of your pants punch," which needless to say Quincy really liked. :D So we set up in the big room, and opened the doors at 9:00... and it was pretty much dead by 10:30. Being in the big room together though actually worked out better since Condor is a commuter con, so the party looked much more happening than if we'd been in separate rooms. (Loscon managed to have their own party room, but only because they were connected to the con suite.) We all agreed to shut down at midnight since we were all falling asleep, by which time Q was quite drunk, so I dropped him off to chat with David while I put the stuff in our room and hopped over to Denny's for a cup of tea. Finally got to sleep around 2. :)

On Sunday we were both so beat we just slept in and I skipped the fan table. We got up in time to have breakfast at Denny's, and then I was the auctioneer for the Art Show (everyone said I was pretty good at it). Afterwards we checked out, packed the car, and hung out for a little while before heading to Ralph's to pick up food for the LYC pot luck at Michael's. We had quite a turnout, probably 35 or 40 people. We put on the Oscars, and quite a few of us stayed until the end, when we were treated to Michael on the cello and Gordon on piano playing a few pieces for us - quite neat. Then we came back to my house, and I suddenly got very sick to my stomach, so he stayed for a little bit (and was kind enough to unpack most of my car for me - thank you honey!), but as soon as he left I went right to bed.

  • Equality at last

    Oh, happy day. :) Congrats to all my married friends and those who have been waiting for this day. This entire fight proves that endurance, patience…

  • Weekend with Ray

    Had a great, long weekend with Ray. Things are going well. :) I went to work on Thursday, and Ray came down late that night. Friday he went in with…

  • Today

    Got a long to do list at work but feeling like I'm not getting anything done today. Yesterday I got treated to bagels for Secretaries'... er,…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded