- It's the Chinese new year today, so gung hay fat choy! (And for pinoyboytoy and the rest of his Flip friends, Maligayang Bagong Taon! And for udman, elamat Tahun Baru! And for montrealais, bonne année!)
- This poignant article is a good read, and makes me think I could write a similar one about being a Navy widow.
- Out of the blue, Juan, the Loser from El Paso, IM'd me. Oddly, he didn't actually think I'd reply, but I felt like messing with him (and Daniel helped a little). He was trying to take the high road by being all mopey and giving me puppy dog eyes, but I wasn't having any of it. I told him I've moved on, and I have, and I'm glad. I'm also glad he still feels guilty. Maybe he learned a lesson.
- Last night Bill came over and he, Daniel and I played Dork Tower which was a lot of fun and I want to play again.
- Natalie called this afternoon and said she lost her job because she went to the hospital last week without calling in. The whole thing reads like a comedy of errors, but she said it had a "bad vibe" and it "wasn't where she needed to be," so she's not bent out of shape about it. She is, however, more than a little worried - her parents gave her a deadline of April 1 to get a job and start supporting herself again or she's SOL.
More randomness from the last couple of days
Gone. Finished. Done. Good riddance. BUH-BYE, loser.
http://nyti.ms/1K5emTi So she gets out as long as she still allows her deputies to give out licenses (which now say "Rowan County" instead of her…
That... actually makes a lot more sense. "This amendment is over the ability to join our law enforcement and last line of national defense, not guns…