Crossing into creepy old man territory: the only single male (let alone over 40) in a movie theatre on a Monday evening with a half dozen little girls and their mothers watching a Disney princess cartoon. Wait, did I say crossing? I mean crossed. Definitely feeling weird.
- Current Mood: confused
Me. Oh so very me. :( And to anyone who has been on the receiving end of my hunger-induced wrath, I apologize.
Edited to add: Just found out another co-worker was fired for threatening someone. WTF?
- Tue, 12:43: NO day 10: Long day packing yesterday, then dinner, some goodbyes and a final night carousing. Today it was up early and off to the airport.
- Tue, 13:21: Ready to go. Layover in Atlanta then home. It was a great trip but I miss my fuzzy-faced babies. I need some serious kitty love! ^..^
- Tue, 21:42: Home again safe. Kitties are purring like mad. Thanks to Leonard and Bob for picking me up! :)
- Sun, 12:54: Apparently the universe is not finished teaching me about my limits. On the plus side, I have clearly learned lessons about saying no.
- Sun, 12:56: It's crazy how much bears snore.
- Sun, 19:14: NO day 8: Home late last night, breakfast in, shopping at the French Market, making dinner, out once again tonight. New Orleans rocks.
- Mon, 05:50: Feels more like Thanksgiving than Halloween, what with how we fight like family and all... :-P
- Tue, 14:27: New Orleans vacation day 2: Slept in a little, finishing costume shopping, possibly going to the Zoo, maybe Bourbon Street tonight.
- Tue, 16:38: Haven't had a run-out-of-gas adventure in years!
- Tue, 19:56: Crisis averted, beret acquired, drinks at Ms. Mae's.
- Tue, 21:10: Cheesecake and gelato at Angelo Brocato's. YUM!
- Current Mood: sad
Mom is filling in the pool this week. The halcyon days of summer pool parties are officially over.
Goodbye, old friend. I replaced your liner, painted your coping, backwashed your filter, and spent countless hours enjoying the company of friends and family in and around you. I wish we could have had one last fling, but your time has come. Rest in peace.
This past weekend was fun. Friday I left work early and took my car to the dealership for an oil change and tire rotation, and was told my next oil change will need the factory maintenance. I'm willing to lay out for it because I'll continue to get the free oil changes, and so far they've been worth the trouble.
From there it was off to pick up Kyan, head to Union Station for dinner, accidentally run into Neil, pick up Dmitri, then head over to Town to watch Neil's gay bear stand up comedy. (He was great!) Then we went back to Matt and Sev's place.
Saturday we were up and after a drive that took 1.5 hours to go the last 5 miles, we made it to the MD Ren Faire. Booze, food, friends, it was all good. Afterwards was dinner, then dropped off Neil so he could head back to NYC, then back to Matt and Sev's again.
Sunday we bummed around Frederick, which is a very charming town. Dropped Kyan off at his place and Dmitri off at Union Station before making a little, er, pit stop (short stocky HOT little black guy - woof!), then home again, home again, jiggity jig. ;)
Today was a good news/bad news day. Good news - my insurance will cover more than I thought it would, I didn't owe anything for today, and my gums are healthy. Bad news - will two root canals, three pulled teeth, a list of little stuff, and then will have to decide bridge, implant or plate. :( Still, I think this will go better than I originally anticipated, and I have no fear of dentists, so no biggie.
Oh, and it's my birthday tomorrow. No plans, although friends may take me out to dinner. We'll see. No worries. :)
- Fri, 22:29: Breakdown went well and quickly today. Cooler weather made a huge difference. Still sad seeing everyone go.
- Fri, 22:30: Managed to get all camp stuff broken down and in the storage unit right before the sky opened up. Ordered pizza and sitting in my car.
- Sat, 08:27: Woke up in a yurt with no walls. Time to go! Breaking down just a few personal tents then it's shower & home (with a stop or two on the way)
- Thu, 19:48: French toast for breakfast then a last trip up to the merchants to pick up my stuff from T'Ger & Alex. Came in under budget and love it all.
- Thu, 19:50: Camp meeting this afternoon & we all agree it was another awesome Pennsic with no problems. Getting ready for the encampment party tonight.
- Thu, 19:54: Disappointing we have to leave a day early. Usually I'd've just reached the point of being ready to go, but I could stay another day or two.
- Thu, 20:31: Just had good old fashioned REAL Pennsic chocolate milk!!! Ambrosius brought us Brunton Dairy from town and it's like drinking ice cream...
- Fri, 11:50: Party was another huge success - booze, food, drummers, dancers, fire performers, an aerialist and Shanaynay the drama llama. Great fun.
- Fri, 11:51: Was also shanghaied by one of those pirates again. Those yurt tours take forever!
- Fri, 11:53: Breakdown has begun, and several folk have already left. Very sad, but thank goodness for the internet. One last night around the fire...
- Wed, 15:46: Town run yesterday and once again Bidan brought the Ball in under budget and ultra fabulous. Even had time to time to relax beforehand!
- Wed, 15:48: The Ball of course was another smashing success - great prizes, great fun. TRM of An Tir stopped by with inspirational equality pins.
- Wed, 15:51: Prizes and garb were amazing. Unknowingly gave a prize to Christos' apprentice right after we took a moment to remember him. Perfect.
- Wed, 15:54: Overall an outstanding success. Afterwards I was exhausted, then shanghaied by another pirate. Weird how that keeps happening...
- Wed, 15:56: This morning was custom omelets for breakfast then played Sentinels of the Multiverse & now pre-gaming Midnight Madness so I finish in time.
- Wed, 19:36: Pre-gaming complete. Soon the shopping begins in earnest (hopefully the weather will cooperate).
- Thu, 01:01: Lots of shopping! Made two full passes through the merchants. Seemed a bit less crazy this year but still fun. And now, wine!
- Thu, 03:54: And bed.
- Sun, 19:44: Spent the day wandering around the merchants. Bought a few goodies but mostly doing recon for Midnight Madness.
- Sun, 19:45: Bidan proposed to Gabbo!!! So sweet yet so tragic. :-)
- Sun, 19:47: Last night was off and on rain but still fun. Tonight is the Von Draken VD and pajama party, so staying in and relaxing.
- Mon, 00:01: @synicism77 Thanks for ruining my reputation in camp. :-P
- Mon, 02:40: Fresh beignets at 2 am.
- Sat, 16:02: I was shanghaied by pirates. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
- Sat, 16:05: Drag race was fab. Earnwulf - sorry, Ophelia came in second. Winner got fabric and trim from Christos' personal collection.
- Sat, 23:08: Made an airport run to pick up Stone's boyfriend Austinian. Theresa and Tara also arrived today, so all the kids are home at last.
- Sat, 23:10: Blah, Bebe, Shay and Tracy had to leave early so we miss them (but haven't stopped partying - sorry).
- Sat, 23:11: Slave auction underway but I stayed in camp. Raining off and on but nothing serious. Expecting another cold night!
- Sun, 02:18: Apparently Pennsic causes arthritis. Ow ow ow... :-(
- Wed, 13:38: Not only was last night freezing, but today is downright chilly! Pennsylvania, you surprise me again...
- Wed, 14:02: Tea and Cap'n Crunch. Must be Pennsic.
- Wed, 15:18: Oven is also progressing nicely. Yesterday was the base and sand form, today it's layering the mud and clay. Fresh bread is mere days away!
- Thu, 02:38: Today could not have been better weather - cool with a slight breeze. Set up my bed, got organized and ran errands, plus good food.
- Thu, 02:39: Tonight was even better - another late night around the fire telling amusing stories and laughing ourselves hoarse. :-)
- Sat, 13:00: Land Grab was smooth, successful and quick. Best yet. Some rain early but clear now. Setup begins!
- Sat, 23:02: Setup went smoothly & camp layout is working better than expected. We still have lots to do tomorrow but my roof is fixed and my tent is up!
- Sat, 23:05: Many arrivals today - Kelly, Jim, Earnwulf, Stone, Gabbo, Neiros, Sev, Shay, Tracy, Zelda. Still waiting on Gio & Mary - hurry up! :-)
- Sun, 03:09: What's Pennsic without a trip to the emergency room? Don't worry it wasn't me and everyone's fine.
- Fri, 16:17: On the road. How is it possible I still have space in the car?
- Fri, 16:19: FYI I'll be posting but will have limited internet so will probably not reply to comments until I get back.
- Fri, 22:48: OK, enough with the drama. Cars broken down, sewing machines lost, people out of money... mass hysteria!
- Fri, 22:49: Otherwise arrived safe in 6 hours. Not too shabby. Let the adventure begin!
- Sat, 02:44: Settling in at the motel for bed. Big day tomorrow with Land Grab, plus repairing my tent and then setting up of course.
- Sat, 03:04: Left some camp folks (Corey, Bidan, Bill, Dan, Dayna, Brandon, Jarman) to party at Zero Night. Spotted a wild D'ner, too!
- Wed, 12:49: 2 days to go! Starting to feel a little bit excited today, finally. I think I may have peaked by being packed 2 weeks early this year.
- Wed, 12:53: I had time to make a banner of my device and a new morning schmata, so tonight I think I'm finally going to start packing the car.
- Wed, 12:53: Oh and I better clean the house, too, or my roommate's going to change the locks on me while I'm gone. :)
KYOOT FLUFFY COW!
I think I'm actually finished packing for Pennsic with 8 days to spare.
I guess that means it's time to start a new project! :-D
- Current Mood: confused
That said, I'm going to be a lot more selective about who I friend and what groups I join (and moderate - if you can't support your fellow admins, then I'm not going to be part of your little
Conversely, Dustin Hoffman knew exactly why he wanted to make "Tootsie", and for all the right reasons. His personal introspection and his awareness of how society shaped him (and how he could shape society) is a delight.
Finally, PENNSIC IN 10 DAYS OMG.