Great way to kick off my birthday weekend - my board gaming group indulged my usual craving for Cosmic Encounter, plus we got cupcakes and I got a CE-themed cake! These guys are the best. :)
Event yesterday was fun. Super nice folk (as almost all SCAdians I've met in person are). Took an informative class. Recruited some students. Got to see Lill Kender and Danielle Scott, which is always a pleasure. Volunteered all day, and it sort of wiped me out, but I was useful. The new Baroness gave me some trim as a thank you, which was very kind of her. They really want me to come to the next event, but it's my birthday, so I'm uncertain, but we'll see. All in all an enjoyable day.
- Sun, 12:59: Phone got a little wet Friday night so it's been sitting in a bag of rice for the past 24 hours (to attract Asians to fix it). Success!
- Sun, 17:42: So sad that Trader Horn is closed. :(
- Sun, 19:25: Major, possible fatal tent failure. Everything I own is soaked. Assessing damage. FML
- Sun, 21:36: Pavilion is a total loss.
- Thu, 16:49: Officially on vacation... now!
- Thu, 22:15: I would have been on the road over an hour ago if it weren't for this FUCKING RAIN
- Fri, 00:14: Rain finally took a break long enough for me to finish packing. Hitting the road 3 hours late. Grumble. At least I got to hear Hillary. Yay!
- Fri, 04:06: Made it to Mom's. Sleep now, Pennsic tomorrow.
Pennsic laundry complete, plus new mattress acquired!
I have been playing this game since 1995 AND I STILL LOVE IT EVERY SINGLE GODDAMNED TIME.
- Wed, 02:27: According to CNN, Hillary Clinton now has 2,058 pledged delegates, passing the majority of 2,026.
- Wed, 02:27: As they have done in every election since they were created in 1985, the superdelegates will now back the candidate who received the most...
- Wed, 02:28: ... pledged delegates (and the most votes, by 3 million). Congratulations, Hillary! :)
- Wed, 12:12: Whoa, Clinton really swept California. Nice! :) And Nate Silver still has her winning the general at 80%. Can't wait!